7.06.2006

what´s goin on

1. I hate adolescents, but then again they´re so funny and predictable. What are they most excited to learn about during my program? Duh, "HABLAR DE SEXO" in big letters on their journal entries. And in small letters "I don´t know a lot about it." Hm. Wonder what they think I´ll actually be talking about. Makes me think I actually have to have sex ed class instead of just What Will Happen If I Have Sex Now class.

2. I hate adolescents. The boys don´t even want to hold the hands of the girls so we can do the human knot. Although eventually, they did it in a half-assed way.

3. I hate adolescents. They can´t even say their names to a rhythym during our warm-up activity. They´re too shy! I have a lot of work to do with these campo kids.

4. Some adolescents are so cute. Then again, one girl had to leave early to cook dinner and wanted her friend to walk with her (in this society, no girl wants to ever be in public alone), but her friend didn´t want to leave. And I´ve started to realize that even though they pretend they´re not listening to what I´m saying about passive, agressive and assertive behavior, they actually are paying attention...with their right ear.

5. You want to know why the Peruvian education system sucks? Let´s start by counting the number of weekdays there is no school because of holidays. Then count the days when they´re just getting read for parades and doing arts and crafts projects. Then consider that every teacher gets one day off a week, in addition to weekends. Then count the days the teachers decide not to come to class. Then count the days students decide not to go to class. Then count the days parents keep their kids home to work or for some reason that shouldn´t keep them away from school. Then count the hours when the teacher leaves to talk to someone. Hmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home