12.15.2005

What I have been learning about myself

- My body can adapt so that not only am I eating beef and chicken multiple times every day, sometimes enjoying it, and not getting sick, but I am also drinking a full glass of canned milk every morning. Despite some gas, it´s not that bad. I guess I´m not lactose intolerant after all.

- I will drink my glass of mango juice even though I already found 2 sugar ants in it and there are surely more on the bottom.

- I cannot work as someone´s secretary. My counterpart is always focused on what HE needs to get done so I end up getting commanded to make copies, capitalize that, go print it out, etc. and I´m getting pretty fed up with being bossed around like that. Especially since I´m confused about the commands either because I don´t know why I´m doing something or because I don´t understand what he´s saying. I have never been in a work environment where I was doing something without understanding why I´m doing it. It´s mindless and I´ve been trained my whole life to think and question everything. It goes against who I am as a person. I´m not used to this ¨right hand man¨ crap and it´s not what I expected nor what I should be doing as a PCV. Anyhow, that has just been during the creation of the program pamphlet. When that´s done, hopefully things will change.

- I miss dancing. I included a play in the program called "Las Aventuras de la Flamenquita," or "The Adventures of the Little Flamingo" and I have to write it still. It´s going to be a play about mangroves and why kids shouldn´t throw trash in the street. I have visions of myself dancing around in a flamingo costume, leaping and doing arabesques for this play. But no, I´m not writing a dance sequence into it. Sorry to disappoint you.

- I can´t be around people with high blood pressure too often. I just can´t deal with my counterpart´s ¨rush rush rush¨ attitude. It stems from the fact that he is very determined to do his job well but he´s always seeming rushed and it stresses me out. I like to be laid back, especially if there´s absolutely NO reason to rush. What´s worse is that his attitude makes him speak really fast so I often have no idea what he´s saying. Isn´t the American the one who´s supposed to be rushing people!?

Today for the first time in my life, I washed my jeans by hand. I wonder if they´ll feel soapy afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home