11.28.2005

Little things that make me happy

I haven´t checked my e-mail in a long time since my host mom hasn´t paid her internet bill, and probably won´t before I leave. The down side is that my parents just got a webcam and we had a fun conversation the other day while being able to see each other...so we weren´t able to use the webcam this week. The upside is that I had long e-mails from about 7 different people waiting for me updating me about their life. Hooray for thoughtful e-mails! (By the way, I´ll respond later this week...I´m getting kicked out of the internet cabina now).

Today we watched a movie with Tom Hanks and Jon Candy called ¨Volunteers¨ which made fun of Peace Corps. They both played PC volunteers in Thailand during the 60s and had a run in with some commies and the CIA. We all loved the film, especially the scenes of the volunteers talking about how they were going to save the poor, oppressed people and commanding them to cut down sacred trees to build a bridge. Best scene ever: Tom Hanks, who plays a rich spoiled Yalie, gets on the PC plane without wanting to do PC, and all the volunteers are swaying back and forth singing ¨Michael Row Your Boat Ashore¨ and then ¨Puff the Magic Dragon.¨

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home