11.23.2005

Pre-storm Doldrums

Returning to training after essentially going on vacation and visiting our sites is really hard, like they said it would be. I am completely unmotivated by anything that does not have to do with mangroves or Spanish grammar. Yesterday I was in a negative and cranky mood, like a lot of other people have been in fact, and I decided that I needed to get out and exercise as a solution. That did the trick, although my exercise was just walking to the Training Center really fast and sprinting up all the 181 stairs. Then I went to the nearby big town to send a letter to my friend doing Corps de Paix in Mauritania, West Africa. We feel really cool sending stuff to each other...and props to her because she has sent me my only letter here! Thanks to my sister for the pair of panties I got in the mail today that says Nice Catch and has a picture of a fish on it.

Anyhow, these days have been spent preparing for our group Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow. We have the day off to cook. I´m going to help make pumpkin pies. Yesterday I also bought spinach, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese, so I think Prima and I are going to bake pizzas tonight. We are like eating partners. We´re the ones in the cake aisle squealing because everything looks so delicious. We ate a piece of something like a flan yesterday that had a cheescake texture -- it was to die for.

Sorry I haven´t posted pictures up yet -- my host mom didn´t pay for the internet for the moth yet, so ours is down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home